Privacy Statement & Disclaimer
Advanced Podiatry are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (amended 12 March 2014).
“Personal Information” includes patient records which contain names, contact details, photographs or any other information which may identify a patient or other individual, or may be used to identify a patient or other individual.
Personal information collected by a health service is ‘health information’ and ‘sensitive information’ and therefore has higher privacy standards.
Personal Information held:
- Name, address, telephone numbers
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Medical history
- Medicare card number
- Veterans card number
- Workers compensation information
- Motor vehicle accident information
- General practitioner
- Referring doctor
- Returned service organisation
- Religious beliefs of affiliations
- Transaction details associated with services we have provided to you
- Any additional information provided to us by you
- Any information you have provided to us through patient surveys
We use personal information about you to:
- Provide podiatry treatment
- Assist your treating doctors, nurses etc care for you
- Assist in administrative requirements
- Process private health fund claims, Medicare claims, workcover claims, motor vehicle claims, veterans claims, etc
Advanced Podiatry must not:
- Collect personal information about a patient without their consent
- Use or disclose personal information in regard to an individual for direct marketing unless consent is given by the patient
- Use or disclose personal information about a patient for any other purposes unless the patient has given their permission. Unless the use or disclosure is directly relevant to the primary purpose for which the information is collected.
Personal information may be collected, used and disclosed by Advanced Podiatry for:
- The primary purpose for which the information is collected
- For secondary purpose directly linked to the primary purpose where there is a reasonable expectation for such collection, use or disclosure
- Prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual’s life, health or safety
- To prevent a serious threat to public health and safety
Advanced Podiatry will not disclose information to overseas recipients.
You may request access to your personal information.
If you wish to request access to your personal information or make a complaint about possible breaches of privacy, you may do so by writing to the Practice Manager at Advanced Podiatry, 192 Park, Terrace, Salisbury Plain 5108.
Do Athletes Suffer More From Nail Fungus?
Keeping your feet and toenails clean and healthy
Let's Get Social
CLICK HERE to contact any of our Podiatry Clinics, or complete the following. We will respond just as quickly as possible